Welcome!

Join me on a trip to the South - the far south.

My husband and I will be driving from Illinois to the Riviera Maya in Mexico.




Thursday, January 19, 2012

Tuesday, January 17th - Unpacking

We spent the day unpacking. It was so much easier this time. Even though we had lots, we’re beginning to know where things should go. Pete worked on projects like patching the holes created by boarding up the windows for the hurricane in October and supervising fixing the sliding doors (Rich and Mikie did the heavy lifting). They slide with one finger now. Thanks, friends, for all of your work. I unpacked the “rolling Rvs” and washed curtains. We were like gophers. We would sit down to rest for a few minutes, then want to finish a project and pop up to do it.

We went out to Mom’s, my favorite restaurant, for dinner. A special shout out to Patti & Ann - Pete and I both had the garlic parmesan crusted pork chop. And we finished off with dessert to share with the table…chocolate pecan rum cake with whipped cream. And they didn’t skimp on the rum either. Jorgen (the owner and chef) stopped by our tables to make sure our food was wonderful and we were all happy. He brought us each a complementary shot of tequila to end the evening. We ended the evening with a drink in front of Phil and Jaime’s palapa. I know I should’ve taken pictures, but I forgot my camera at home. Dang.

No comments:

Post a Comment