Welcome!

Join me on a trip to the South - the far south.

My husband and I will be driving from Illinois to the Riviera Maya in Mexico.




Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Monday, January 23rd

There are 2 theaters in Playa del Carmen that show movies in English and in Spanish. They are quite reasonably priced at around $3.50 all of the time. The popcorn and pop aren’t overpriced either. There’s a movie coming out from a series of books that Alicia and I have both read, discussed, and laughed over. We sure hope the movie is as good as the book. We always pictured Grandma Mazur as a little Italian grandma and they have cast Debbie Reynolds to play the part. Hmmm. I don’t know about that. We’ll see. Sherri Shepherd should be a hilarious Lula. Anyway, if you get a chance to see “One for the Money”, let me know how you like it. (And read the books in the series. They’re snorting good.)
Here are two movies that are currently showing. I thought the Spanish titles were funny.
Gato con Botas - translated: Cats with Boots - Actual Title: Puss in Boots
La Chica del Dragon Tatuado - Translated: The Tattooed Dragon Girl - Actual Title: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

No comments:

Post a Comment