Welcome!

Join me on a trip to the South - the far south.

My husband and I will be driving from Illinois to the Riviera Maya in Mexico.




Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 6 - On the Road Again

Today was much less eventful. Can you believe that Pete and I still haven't had an argument, a harsh word for all of this trip? Amazing.

We drove and drove and drove and finally stopped somewhere north of Memphis at a Best Western. I went in and checked in while Pete smoked a cigarette. He said there were a couple of tatooed guys in a beat up pickup truck who were eyeing our van. The desk clerk came out to talk to them after I checked in. I saw them offer her a beer (which she refused). As we walked up the stairs. we saw that 1 of the doors had been kicked in. I told Pete that if he wasn't comfortable there, I wasn't either and that I woiuld go back and tell her that we weren't staying. He said fine and I headed downstairs looking as pissed and grouchy as I could. Told her that the husband wanted to drive longer and not stay the night and that the room was fine, but the husband wasn't. So she took it off my VISA and we were headed north once again.

We finally stopped in Marion, IL near SIU to spend the night at about 12:30am. A free breakfast and we were on our way again, headed home for the last day of our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment