Welcome!

Join me on a trip to the South - the far south.

My husband and I will be driving from Illinois to the Riviera Maya in Mexico.




Sunday, April 10, 2011

Go Batta Batta

Sunday found Pete and I in the car with Sister Elaine and her hubby Phil headed to St. Louis to baseball games at Busch Stadium. Truth be known, I’m not a big baseball fan. After the game between the Cards and the Padres, St. Joseph-Ogden High School played Edwardsville High School. My nephews went to SJO, but what really made it special was that my nephew was the home plate umpire for the game. Isn’t that the coolest? The family was all there to beat up any haters. Just kidding. There were no controversial calls. He spoke to coaches, players, bat boys. I couldn’t have been prouder if he was my son.
My two nephews were so special to me when they were growing up. I loved spending time with them. They were great kids and they have both grown up to be fine young men with wonderful families. Once again, I’m blessed to have such a great family.

No comments:

Post a Comment