Welcome!

Join me on a trip to the South - the far south.

My husband and I will be driving from Illinois to the Riviera Maya in Mexico.




Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sunday, March 20th

Seems like Party is in the air these days. Our neighbors, Mikie and Annie are leaving for Canada the day after we leave. So they had a picnic in the street. Hamburgers and hot dogs were cooked on the grill and everyone brought something. These potluck dinners are wonderful!
Pete and I made a coconut pie. Pete’s job was to get the coconut off of the tree and to crack it open with his machete. I shredded the coconut and baked the pie. I think everyone enjoyed it. I think it would have been better if it had a traditional pie crust. But I am definitely gonna look up some more coconut recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment