Welcome!

Join me on a trip to the South - the far south.

My husband and I will be driving from Illinois to the Riviera Maya in Mexico.




Sunday, March 20, 2011

Saturday, March 19th

We had lots of steak and chicken left in the freezer and we’re leaving for Chicago in 4 days. So, what comes to mind when you say steak and chicken in the same sentence? Fajitas, of course. So, we invited about 20 people over. Everyone brought something to finish off the meal. We had barely enough meat even though we started out with 10 chicken breasts and ½ crockpot of steak. The best part was that we had almost no leftovers. Everything was so good from Danny’s homemade salsa to Debbie’s lime squares.
It was a beautiful night on the beach with the full moon shining on the water and lighting up our party on the beach.
I have to give kudos to my husband. We worked together to make the fajitas. I chopped and he cooked the meat and the vegetables on the griddle. I never could have gotten it done in time and/or I would’ve burned something trying to chop and cook at the same time. I’m a lucky woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment