Welcome!

Join me on a trip to the South - the far south.

My husband and I will be driving from Illinois to the Riviera Maya in Mexico.




Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Monday, March 7th

Water aerobics in the ocean. The water was perfect. I feel so lucky.

Pete noticed today that I wake up happy here. Maybe it’s the retirement…or maybe it’s the view….or maybe it’s the weather….I vote for a combination of all of them.

I had a taste for Paneras today…soup, to be exact. I suggested we go to El Fagon for ham and bean soup. It’s a traditional Mexican taco place. Don’t like their tacos (the cheese is disgusting), but love their bean soup. We invited others to join us and we ended up with 8 people for dinner. It was so much fun. Sometimes you only like the guy in a couple or the girl in the cuple, but we have 5 couples (at least) that we like the husband and wife and they are so much fun to be around. How great is that?

I’m always one for the desserts, so I offered to buy a dessert pizza at Italianni’s. For the equivalent of $3.25, we got an 8 piece medium chocolate (maybe nutella) pizza. An incredible deal! And yummy, too. I’m gonna do some experimenting at home. Why didn’t I remember to take a picture of it? Guess I’ll just have to order another one. Ha.

Here's a picture, compliments of Patti.

No comments:

Post a Comment