Welcome!

Join me on a trip to the South - the far south.

My husband and I will be driving from Illinois to the Riviera Maya in Mexico.




Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sunday, March 13th

Our soon to be neighbors Jack & Kathy (and adorable 3 year old Emma Sophia) invited a group of Paamulians out to dinner tonight. We all met at Sur, a wonderful restaurant on 5th Avenue. 5th Avenue is the happening place in Playa del Carmen. The street is blocked off, allowing no vehicles. It’s filled with restaurants and shops. Anyway, I digress.

Jack regularly takes clients to Sur and so they know him very well. He started us all out with an appetizer of octopus and tuna. I tried both of them. Everyone raved about them. They just weren’t my thing. I really enjoyed getting a chance to try some really good octopus so I know I’m not crazy about it. Didn’t hate it, just have lots more favorite foods. And honestly, it was hard for me to get past the suckers on the tentacles. How about you?


Pete had a great steak and I had the fish of the day, Grouper. Honestly, I have never found a restaurant that doesn’t have grouper as the catch of the day. I’m not complaining. It’s very good.



And the desserts - crepes and a chocolate torte. Mmmm.

The food WAS WONDERFUl, but honestly, the most enjoyable thing was the friends
And the laughter and good times.


Thanks, Jack & Kathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment