Welcome!

Join me on a trip to the South - the far south.

My husband and I will be driving from Illinois to the Riviera Maya in Mexico.




Sunday, March 20, 2011

Friday, March 18th

We drove to Puerto Morales with 2 other couples for a lunch on the beach (the restaurant was called “La Playa”) and to see the town. The lunch was marvelous. We chose our own fish from the cooler. A small grouper for me. I was tempted to try something else, but soon there will be no fresh fish for me. So I’d better have fish for just a few more days. Here are a few pictures.





Our new neighbors were here when we got home and some other friends came in off the beach, so we ended up with 13 people sitting around in the font of the palapa enjoying the view and the camaraderie. I really love the people down here. It is so easy to get together with people and so much fun. I‘m glad to be a part of this “community“..

I was coming from the palapa into the trailer part at about midnight and there was a gecko on the wall above the sliding glass door into the trailer. I know that geckos are great for the environment and I really do love them. However, I just had to have a heart to heart with this guy and beg him to please hang on and not drop on my head (or any part of my body) as I had to pass under him to get to my bedroom. I knew I would scream like a girl (which I am) if he did. Besides, he’s the one who usually hangs out on my shower just eyeballing me when I’m naked in the shower. Now he’s hanging out at my bedroom door when I’m gong to bed. What’s up with that? Do I have a gecko admirer? He’d better not try to hitch a ride home in my suitcase.

2 comments:

  1. Anne, (gecko)Maybe he was really looking for Pete? Did he ask 'R U Workin'!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo Anne, I'll bet he's a dirty old Gecko from Florida. Better get a big "Gecko Swatter."

    ReplyDelete