Welcome!

Join me on a trip to the South - the far south.

My husband and I will be driving from Illinois to the Riviera Maya in Mexico.




Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Thursday, March 10th


One of the residents here offers an oil painting class. It’s a 1 day class and is limited to 7 participants. I have never painted with oils. Plus my high school art teacher told my mom, “She HAS no talent.“ End of parent conference. Anyway, Jeannie and I signed up for the class. I ended up painting a decent parrot. Not great by any stretch of the imagination, but decent. Even more important is that I really enjoyed it. Didn’t need to be great at it. Just really enjoyed the day and the relaxation of it. I guess it’s called the Bob Ross painting program. I’ll have to check it out. It might be on PBS.

No comments:

Post a Comment