Welcome!

Join me on a trip to the South - the far south.

My husband and I will be driving from Illinois to the Riviera Maya in Mexico.




Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Saturday, March 5th

Did lots of sewing today with Teresa’s borrowed sewing machine. It is an older model. Works quite well. However, it has no reverse. Gosh, how I miss reverse. I made covers for the fan, coffee pot, and water dispenser. (I already made a cover for the TV.)

Everyone in Paamul is invited to a party today. It’s given by two long-time residents - a couple as a celebration of their birthdays and anniversary (3 days in a row). Everyone brings a dish and there is a giant buffet table set up. Beer, pop, and margaritas are provided. Donations are requested at $10 pesos per drink (about $.80). There are a variety of musicians who perform. Each year has a theme. This year’s theme is white so everyone is supposed to dress in white.

Update: What a wonderful party. There were about 120 people there. Talk about a huge buffet! And desserts galore. It was really hard not to overeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment