Welcome!

Join me on a trip to the South - the far south.

My husband and I will be driving from Illinois to the Riviera Maya in Mexico.




Thursday, March 3, 2011

Saturday, February 26th - Monday, February 28th




We got a really nice deal at the all-inclusive Sandos Caracol Playa del Carmen resort just about 20 minutes down the road from us. It was so nice to be pampered and to not have to cook for a few days.



It was billed as a eco-resort. They had donkeys, peacocks, deer, coati, & a bee colony (non-stinging, honey producing). They also had (this is my favorite part) a cat colony. All of the cats are from Coco’s Cat Rescue in Playa. They are all spayed or neutered, receive vet care, and so their numbers are controlled. It was wonderful for me to scratch a few ears and pet them. It made me really really miss my kitties at home.

Our room had a mini fridge that never really worked (that was the only bad part of our trip). We had plush robes, a tray of fresh fruit, bottles of champagne, rum, vodka, and tequila. There were 3 buffets - Mexican, Italian, and International. All were very very good. We also ate at a Brazilian steakhouse. It was yummy, too. But not nearly as good as Sal e Carvaro’s in Downers Grove. It’s one of our favorites. Butterfield School had our end of the year luncheon there. The food was great and they treated us so very well. There were a few cats and raccoons who hung out just outside of the restaurant waiting to be hand-fed. Cool.


We really did miss the wireless internet in the rooms. We had to go to the beach area to get on a computer with internet connection. Welcome to Mexico. We are so used to having Internet access everywhere.

I never ever liked guacamole or avocados. Now I love it. Which will probably turn out to be a bad thing for me. LOL. I have heard that daughter Tanya makes a great guacamole, so I’ll have to tap her skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment