Welcome!

Join me on a trip to the South - the far south.

My husband and I will be driving from Illinois to the Riviera Maya in Mexico.




Saturday, February 26, 2011

Friday, February 25th




Today we drove to the Mayan ruins at Coba. It was really reasonable to get in. Only $51 pesos - equal to about $4.50US. We rented rickshaw drivers to drive us from place to place. There was still some walking, but not much. Each couple had their own “rickshaw”. Very interesting.

After the exhausting (LOL) time at the Ruins, we had to stop for a drink and appetizer. I have never been a fan of guacamole. However, the guac down here has been amazing. And I’m hooked.

Dinner at “The Camel” in Tulum. It is a wildly popular place. I insisted that Gary and Patti try the Shrimp Ceviche. It is a combination of chopped onions, tomato, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper, and loads of shrimp. It makes a yummy appetizer. It’s also available with fish, squid, octopus, or a mix of all of them. That would definitely be asking too much of me! LOL



We ended up the evening at the restaurant in Paamul. Patti and Gary loved the crab races (me, too). Pete won the money on 2 of the 6 races and Patti won a dinner certificate for $150 pesos off at the Pub restaurant . Do you Karaoke? We have Karaoke here in Paamul after the crab races. I am the worst singer in the world. So it’s no karaoke for me. Listened to a few numbers, then headed back to the Palapa for a rousing game of 99.

1 comment:

  1. Anne, sounds like you guys are having a blast. A little work, a little sun & fun. You are living "large." Hope things continue to go well for you and Pete. All is well here in South FL.

    Mac & Shari

    ReplyDelete