Welcome!

Join me on a trip to the South - the far south.

My husband and I will be driving from Illinois to the Riviera Maya in Mexico.




Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tuesday, February 1st

We were woken up (or is it awaken) this morning by our resident Dove. 6:20am. I’m telling you he was who who whooing and then he got faster and faster like he was really really excited. When Pete and I finally got up, he stopped. I guess he’s our Mexican rooster, waking us up at the crack of dawn. Pete may have to get a sling shot if he keeps it up. We tuned in to WGN and watched the hype for THE blizzard of 2011.

Today was a planned day of relaxation. A few jobs in the morning, then some relaxation. I washed sheets, then hung them on the line. When is the last time you hung sheets on the line? I wonder how they will smell when we go to bed.

Funniest thing happened. I got a phone call on my home phone that really made me chuckle. It was a recorded message from Jim Blanche, Superintendent of Lombard District 44 schools letting me know that there would be no school tomorrow. What a hoot. Guess he hasn’t gotten the word that I retired. And that I’m in Mexico.

We drove to Tulum for a dinner with friends. About a half hour drive on a very nice, divided highway. Pete had a great lobster dinner and I had a wonderful filet. Yummy! It was so nice to sit outside and eat. That’s one of my favorite things to do. The end to the evening was holding an 8 week old black and white pit bull puppy. He just snuggled and loved and licked me. He was just adorable. I do miss the kitties lots!

We’re scheduled to fly in to Chicago tomorrow - only I would schedule a visit back to Chicago on the day of the biggest blizzard in 40 years. So far, our flight hasn’t been canceled. Just hope we don’t get diverted to some crummy place.

:Pictures coming soon, I promise.

1 comment:

  1. Your flight probably won't even leave for Chicago, and rightly so. It's unbelievably bad out there tonight! Be glad you're in a warm and sunny place at the moment.

    ReplyDelete