Welcome!

Join me on a trip to the South - the far south.

My husband and I will be driving from Illinois to the Riviera Maya in Mexico.




Thursday, February 24, 2011

Tuesday, February 22nd

Headed for the airport this morning to pick Patti and Gary up for their 8 day Mexico adventure with us. I hit a huge pothole…huge just before the turnoff to the airport. Dang. Pete and I both said we’d be lucky if we didn’t get a flat tire. Guess we weren’t lucky because we DID get a flat. A nice Mexican guy stopped and changed our tire. The tire was shredded. The spare was a little flat, but barely driveable.

Gary and Patti’s plane was about 2 hours late because all of the flights were delayed from Chicago. Patti has pictures of them de-iceing the plane twice.

We decided to just go back to the car rental and have them fill the spare tire and give them the shredded tire to replace. Instead, they gave us a new car. A very nice one - a Dodge Attitude. Seems like it’s something I should have - a Dodge Attitude. It’s a really nice car, but it’s an automatic and I miss the 5-speed. Brings out the Anne-dretti in me. LOL..

It’s so nice to have friends come to visit. Isn’t it fun to share the things you like with friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment