Welcome!

Join me on a trip to the South - the far south.

My husband and I will be driving from Illinois to the Riviera Maya in Mexico.




Saturday, February 19, 2011

Thursday, February 17th

Don’t you just hate it when something doesn’t work?
Last night I set up my new Singer Pixie Plus mini sewing machine. I purchased it on sale months ago. So last night I finally opened the box and read the directions and started to wind the bobbin. So it’s like I’m revving a car in neutral. The bobbin isn’t spinning even though the motor is running. Crap. So I wind the bobbin by hand. What a pain. And then I put the bobbin in and threaded it and voila…nothing. Double Crap. So now I have a worthless piece of plastic that I will not be able to get a refund on nor will the manufacturer warranty it because it’s past the 90 day. I hate to just toss it cause it’s brand new, but I can’t see a point in dragging it back to the states. Grrr.

And now I can’t sew stuff down here unless I buy a sewing machine. Having something shipped down here would probably be expensive (if it even got here).

Speaking of getting here, one of the residents just received his Christmas card (mailed November 8th) today. And we thought the USPS was slow!

No comments:

Post a Comment