Welcome!

Join me on a trip to the South - the far south.

My husband and I will be driving from Illinois to the Riviera Maya in Mexico.




Monday, January 28, 2013

Friday, Jan. 11, 2013

Tonight was our first crab race. I promise to take pictures. Maybe even a video to show you what it’s like. We didn’t win a thing, but it was sure fun!

Betters put up $10 pesos to draw a number 1-35. That’s about $.80.

Announcer announces the order of winning - ie. 2nd crab out of the rope wins the money and 5th crab out of the rope wins a meal.

35 Crabs are dumped out in the middle.

Each crab has a number on its back.

Half of the money collected goes to the money winner and half to charity (our community is building a school and library here).

It’s not really complicated. It just sounds like it.

You know that wonderful griddle I talked about a few days ago? It still works, but somehow the leg got broken on it when we were gone. Maybe they put something on it. I don’t know. Pete tried to super glue it (kola loca), but it didn’t hold. Then he dropped the drip tray and it cracked in half. I’m gonna have to have someone bring me a new one during their next trip. Meanwhile, I’ll limp along with this broken one.

Today’s count:

Food - getting low on pop and beer - send help

Car - fuel pump fixed, now keys need to be reprogrammed - again

Phone - check - home phone AND cell phones now

Internet - Yeah baby!

Gas - we’re cookin’ now

Cable - Woo hoo. We’re connected now.

hot water - Showers from heaven

 

No comments:

Post a Comment