Welcome!

Join me on a trip to the South - the far south.

My husband and I will be driving from Illinois to the Riviera Maya in Mexico.




Monday, January 28, 2013

Sunday, Jan. 13, 2013

My husband is so funny. He talks to the cleaning lady and says things like, “I need a sticko of woodo” in s Spanish accent and thinks she will understand him. LOL. The word for wood is madiera. She has no idea what he’s saying. It’s just so funny! Gotta love him. He tries.

One of the ways that we support the local economy is to hire a cleaning woman when we’re here. (Okay, if you believe that one, I have a palapa to sell you here.) The cleaning women are excellent workers and very trustworthy. We are lucky to have them. My cleaning day is Sunday. It’s not my favorite day because it means I have to get up early. Lucky for me I’m not a Saturday night party animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment