Welcome!

Join me on a trip to the South - the far south.

My husband and I will be driving from Illinois to the Riviera Maya in Mexico.




Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mon., Jan. 7th, 2013

My new neighbor offered her car to me to go get some groceries and I gladly accepted. We have “met” via face book and have lots in common (not age). I was proud to drive her Lexus SUV with the Obama 2012 sticker on it!!!

Another neighbor picked up meat at Costco and a huge bag of fresh oranges. See how the people are here! Everyone is so so wonderful! That’s why we love it here so much.

Our palapa was cleaned, but this “outside” stuff gets so dirty so quickly that we got just a little. Ou know how you just want to get stuff done and put away. Well, we worked on it. We had our kitchen cabinets repainted, so everything was out of them and it all needed to be washed before it could be put away. That’s definitely a job.

Arrangements were made to have the gas man come, to have the van towed to the Ford dealer,

Food - check

When the neighbors told us they were ordering pizza and asked if we wanted to order too, they got a quick yes….even though we now have $125 of meat from Costco. And it was good pizza, too!

Early to bed with an ibuprophen pm and an NCIS show on DVD. This is the life.

No comments:

Post a Comment