Welcome!

Join me on a trip to the South - the far south.

My husband and I will be driving from Illinois to the Riviera Maya in Mexico.




Thursday, January 10, 2013

Sunday, Jan. 6th, 2013

Up early at 4am to catch the plane to Cancun. I have to admit I am a nervous wreck because this is the first time we have taken our 16 year old cat on a plane. He throws a fit just going in the car to the vet, so I wonder how he’s going to react to a 3 ½ hour plane ride. Tack on 3 hours before and about 3 hours after and now we’re almost 10 hours of him in a carrier. I hope they don’t throw us off the plane because he’s such a pain in the ass. Pete and I both love this kitty so much and we just can’t bear to leave him at home. Then maybe we’ll get there and he’ll be so upset that he’ll forget his proper bathroom manners. There are dogs and kids here and it’s way different.

 

Okay, the valium works like a charm. I was such a wreck that I needed one and ¼ tab for the kitty just mellowed him out unbelievably. He was perfect at the airport, on the plane, in the van with a dog and even here at the palapa. We are in shock. We think he needed a vacation just like us…he just didn’t know how to tell us. You just wouldn’t believe how purry and happy he is here.

We got in and unpacked (clothes only) and said quick hellos to a bunch of neighbor/friends. Then our little Princess Emma Sophia came over and asked if we wanted to go with her (and her Mommy and Daddy of course) to the restaurant for dinner. Yes to that! The garlic shrimp there is amazing. We came home and watched a dvd (thanks Alicia and Durin for the NCIS series), then went to bed early.

By the way, no food, no car, no phone, no internet, no gas, no cable, and no hot water. But life is good. LOL.

1 comment:

  1. Anne, We need to get some of that stuff you gave the cat for Shari. Sounds like great stuff. Glad to hear your trip went so well. Enjoy your beach time and best to Pete.

    ReplyDelete