Welcome!

Join me on a trip to the South - the far south.

My husband and I will be driving from Illinois to the Riviera Maya in Mexico.




Monday, January 28, 2013

Thursday, Jan. 10, 2013

Woke up to no internet. Grrr. I found out around 10am that it wasn’t just me, but the area. Finally got it back around 4pm. Whee.

Food - running out of diet coke

Car - no

Phone - check

Internet - check

Gas - check

Cable - check

hot water - check

Thanks to the help of two neighbors, we got the cable TV up and running. Woo Hoo!

It’s weird down here, but we have to get our local channels from a different source, so we had cable tv, but no local channels. Lucky for me, that only took about 15 minutes to set them up via telephone. I love it when a plan comes together. Who made that quote famous?

You know those pork chops that we had last night? Well, tonight we tried doing the same thing with boneless, skinless, chicken breasts. And they were great. Pete doesn’t even like chicken much and he liked it and said yes - serve it again.

Brownies for dessert - I’m so glad I brought some mixes down. Pete and I both needed chocolate fixes.

No comments:

Post a Comment