Welcome!

Join me on a trip to the South - the far south.

My husband and I will be driving from Illinois to the Riviera Maya in Mexico.




Sunday, January 16, 2011

Friday, January 14th

Holy Smoly. It’s cold this morning. I had to put on my sweatshirt and jeans. Temp says 66. But it’s a damp cold. (you know, the opposite of Arizona’s dry heat) LOL.

Time for a little shopping adventure. It’s off to the fabric & hobby store. We were told that if we buy fabric for $1 or $2 they will make curtains for us. Also visiting the hardware and paint store.

Hardware and electrical stores are so different here. There are just a very few things in the front of the store. Then you go to the counter and tell them what you want. And, of course, ask if anyone speaks English. Everything we thought we could get at the hardware store we had to go to the electrical store to get.

We had our first invite to a cocktail party on the beach. What fun. Amazing food. Norene made these roasted jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped with bacon. Oh my Gosh. They were so good! I wish I was a good cook like she is. I’ll have to practice more - and experiment.

1 comment:

  1. Lets make those delicious snacks for a pool party this summer. Yum yum. becky

    ReplyDelete