Welcome!

Join me on a trip to the South - the far south.

My husband and I will be driving from Illinois to the Riviera Maya in Mexico.




Thursday, January 13, 2011

Tuesday, January 11th

Today brought a trip to the paint store. Easy Schmeezie. I was told right where the paint store was and it was there. How can you really miss “On the highway across from Sam’s Club”? We had an English-speaking sales guy and he understood “spackle”. If only I had my camera, I would’ve taken a picture of the guy mixing paint in a huge garbage can with a huge paddle.

Then a trip to the new Walmart. I used to think that Walmart had darned near everything,. Not so down here. How can they not have water shoes? Crazy. And only 4 sets of curtains? Really!!? I am so spoiled at home. I think everyone should have a chance to live in a 3rd world country so they can really appreciate what they have in America.

When I arrived home Pete told me I should start packing my bags because he almost stepped on a snake. He showed it to neighbor Teresa and I and we ran - for our cameras. He was small and harmless. Can you see him in the picture? Kind of like "Where's Elmo".

Too late for painting. We have the distinct advantage of having a satellite TV system that gets Detroit AND Seattle. That means that if we miss a show, we can often catch it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment