Welcome!

Join me on a trip to the South - the far south.

My husband and I will be driving from Illinois to the Riviera Maya in Mexico.




Sunday, January 30, 2011

Saturday, January 30th

A Beautiful Day! No workers here to supervise (unless you count Pete LOL). Finally we spent a little time on the beach. It was nice and warm without being hot. We really like it here. Might have to pinch ourselves to see if we’re dreaming.

We tried something new for dinner last night. We took skirt steak (or was it flank steak?), put slices of onion and lime on top, added garlic, salt and pepper, Mrs. Dash, and rolled it all up and secured it with a couple of toothpicks. Baked it with some potato wedges for 25 minutes at 3. Yup. 3. Our stove down here has no temperature settings. Only 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1. The citrus make it very tender, but I definitely added too much lime and lime juice. I’ll definitely make it again, but with a bit less lime. It was our first time even trying the stove, which runs on propane, so we weren’t even sure it worked. When I grabbed the handle to take it out of the stove, the handle came off - melted off, actually. Guess that pan (it was here) is “toast”. LOL. I bet it will be really good with chicken, too.

My Mother was a really good recipe experimenter. I’m not so good at it, but I’m getting more adventurous. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment