Welcome!

Join me on a trip to the South - the far south.

My husband and I will be driving from Illinois to the Riviera Maya in Mexico.




Monday, January 10, 2011

Saturday, January 8, 2010

I said I’d walk every day we were down here and I did today. Pat pat pat.

Then off to the new Chedraui supermercado at Playa Adventuras, which is only 5 minutes away. Shopping at a Mexican grocery store is definitely an adventure, This one is quite Americanized, so we picked up lots of things. It’s definitely an adventure. They have some pretty weird stuff. And I can’t read most of the labels. Oh well. I thought I left a set of everything down here, but it turns out I didn’t leave a set of makeup. And a swimming suit. Dang. I brought one down that is too small so that I could wear it when I lose weight (I promise). Tried it on and it is a tiny bit tight, but it fits. Hooray! Guess I’ll have to walk out even more.

We’ve both had a few “What have we gotten ourselves into moments.” And we both agree we jumped in too fast. I hope we can make this work. The view and the weather are so beautiful and the people are so nice. Getting TV set up will help these Tvaholics.

1 comment:

  1. Anne, just figured out how to get to your blog and signed up. Sounds like you guys are getting into that beach front living. Too bad they don't have a Wal-mart and Home Depot down there, then you would be in "fat city."

    ReplyDelete