Welcome!

Join me on a trip to the South - the far south.

My husband and I will be driving from Illinois to the Riviera Maya in Mexico.




Sunday, January 30, 2011

Friday, January 29th

We went from Baby poo to Gingerbread. Our neighbor, Annie dubbed our house “Sweetie Petey’s Gingerbread House”. She cracks me up. But the shade is beautiful!!! Such a difference it makes.

I have been frustrated by Internet and phone. On Wednesday, I was no longer able to connect with my wireless router or phone. Springfield Rich and Debbie were going out of town and they offered me their internet stick and Magic Jack. So I got to make a bunch of phone calls. Woo hoo. I was afraid people wouldn’t answer the “unknown” Springfield number, but after repeated calls, my sisters took a chance and we got to talk.

I finally decided there was nothing to lose and changed the connections on the back of the wireless router and vonage to the way I thought they should logically work - now, keep in mind that a professional guy set it up - and that it had worked fine for 2 days - and guess what - ding ding ding. You’re right. It works now. Excellent signal strength inside and outside and great phone service. Yea!!!! I might still have to invest in that Magic Jack as my plan B.

We went out to dinner with friends and they took us to a well-known Mexican restaurant. We had the most awesome bean soup. However, we need to take them to the states to find out how to make Queso Fundido and burritos. Could you believe they only had 1 burrito and it didn’t have beans in it,. And they couldn’t make a bean burrito.

No comments:

Post a Comment